Start with the most popular mobile phone Samsung Galaxy S10, is it not a day to leave the game, let’s play it? But have you ever had a problem with the update being unable to complete the update or halfway to the update when you update the favorite Galaxy S10? Today, let us come with you for easy troubleshooting!
Galaxy S10 cannot install update troubleshooting
#1: Forced restart of the phone
‘s small problems with many electronic products, often will be resolved after restarting the phone. Therefore, if you find that your Galaxy S10 cannot be updated, the first thing to do is to reboot your phone.
How to force restart:
1. Press and hold the power button + volume reduction button for about 10 seconds until you enter the Maintenance Boot mode or the phone automatically restarts after the phone is turned off.
2. In the Maintenance Boot mode, select the system to restart.
3. If you do not enter the Maintenance Boot mode, it means that your phone does not support this mode, wait for the phone to shut down and restart.
#2: When the cached
mobile phone application is executed, in order to speed up the next execution speed, some data will be stored in the memory. We call it cache, but the longer the mobile phone is used, the more accumulated cached data. Often, the system performance will be significantly reduced, become sluggish, and sometimes even unclear errors will occur. Therefore, sometimes the cache is cleared for the phone, and some problems can be solved!
Clean up the cache step
into the Engineering Mode (Recovery Mode)
1. Shut down. If you can’t turn off the phone, wait until the phone’s battery is exhausted. Then charge it for 30 minutes before entering the engineering mode.
2. Press and hold the volume up button + Bixby button, then press and hold the power button at the same time
. 3. When the Andoid little giant logo appears, release all the buttons
4. The first 30-60 seconds “system update” message will appear. , you can enter the engineering mode
5. Use the volume button to select the wipe cache (wipe cache partition), press the power button to confirm
6. Clean up, choose to restart
#3: The mobile phone network reset
may be caused by a mobile phone network restriction or an error, which may result in the inability to download updates. In addition, many network related problems may be caused by some network settings being changed, which is most convenient. The solution is to reset all network settings. The steps are as follows:
Click [Settings] > [General Management] > [Reset] > [Reset Network Settings] > [Restore Default Settings].
#4: Using Wi-Fi
If you are using mobile data to access the Internet, you can use Wi-Fi to update the Internet. Maybe the problem can be solved. In addition, some update files often exceed 1GB, if you are not using unlimited traffic. Users, it is recommended to use Wi-Fi to protect your purse from blood loss!
#5: Using Safe Mode Update
Everyone may download many third-party software, but these third-party software may be the culprit causing system errors. In order to eliminate the possibility, you can enter the safe mode, in this mode, the user can When the third-party software is closed, the normal operation of the mobile phone is a problem caused by the third-party software, which can be easily identified.
The safe mode boot mode is as follows:
2. Press and hold the power button until the SAMSUNG Logo appears. Turn on the power button and press the sound minus button until the boot is completed. The word “safe mode” will appear in the lower left corner of the phone. Indicates successful entry into safe mode
3. Try to update in safe mode to see if there are still problems. If it works, remove the third-party software that has the problem, the problem can be solved!
#6: Update with Smart Switch
You can try to use the Samsung S Change Assistant, which is mainly used for data backup, recovery, and synchronization of Samsung applications, but it can also be used to update mobile phones. (Only the single computer version can update the system version, the mobile version can only transfer data!)
# 7: restore factory settings
some, it may be the phone’s software or system appeared more serious errors can not be updated, if the above ways are tried, but the problem is not resolved, you can use the “restore factory settings” This The last way, basically, if it is a software problem, after this operation, all the problems can be solved smoothly, but restoring the factory settings will delete all the information stored in the phone, please use with caution. The steps are as follows:
There are usually two ways:
1. Enter the setup menu reset
Click [Settings] > [General Management] > [Reset] > [Restore Factory Settings]
2. Enter the engineering mode to the
head [clean up Cache] The steps mentioned, after entering the engineering mode, select the factory reset (factory reset).
#8 Compatibility issue (the phone has a network lock) It
is also possible that the Galaxy S10 you are currently purchasing is only for a certain carrier’s network, but the network you are using now is another carrier (the mobile phone is purchased by AT&T, But using a Verizon network), you may not be able to install system updates.
If the above troubleshooting steps have been tried, but the problem still exists, you can contact the Samsung Service Center and seek professional assistance!
If you have any questions about today’s content, please feel free to contact us!